What to know before you pop the question
Stats from David’s Bridal’s “What’s On Brides’ Minds Survey”
- More than half of brides (57%) would change something about their engagement ring if they could, with the biggest gripe being wanting a bigger stone (19%).
- Despite this, only 36% actually would go through with upgrading!
- Grooms need to keep their proposals more personal … bucking the seemingly popular trend of over the top, You Tube-friendly proposals, most brides actually prefer something much more low key
- 80% would scoff at a public Facebook proposal
- 63% wouldn’t say yes to their beau proposing on a Jumbotron
- 57% of brides would say no to the ever-popular flash mob proposal!
- With Valentine’s Day being proposal central, it’s interesting to know that nearly a third of newlyweds actually embellish their engagement story to make it sound better. So, choose wisely when proposing guys!